tretton37 (thirteen37 -> 13 I 37) is an international technology company with more than 85% of our colleagues employed in technology roles. We are looking for talented people to join us in our “I-want-to-live-here” offices in the heart of Ljubljana. Are you a Backend developer? Do you live and breathe the world of custom software? Welcome to the beginning of your new chapter, something fresh, different, and scändinåviën.
What will you do?
You will be working in an agile environment, developing highly performant, multi-layered, and globally available applications. Your development work will directly empower organizations with internal tools and help their products meet consumer needs.
- You will ideate and develop solutions for various technical challenges in cross-functional teams.
- You will actively participate in system architecture and product decisions.
- You will design and build microservices using serverless computing and cloud technologies.
- You will design and build modern and highly available containerized backend solutions.
- You will proactively help your colleagues grow and work better through code reviews, pair programming, and other extreme programming practices.
- You will continuously enhance ways of working regarding people, relationships, processes, and tools.
- You will participate in discussions, facilitate workshops, and share knowledge about your topics of expertise.
- You will work in a distributed team with co-located and remote colleagues.
What are our expectations?
We are looking for knowledgeable and driven individuals with various degrees (junior, medior, and senior) of professional experience to reinforce our digital teams. Above years of experience and past job titles, the key attributes we are after are a passion for delivering high-quality work, an ambition to get the job done, and an enthusiasm for continuous improvements. In senior roles, we expect our employees to be value multipliers in our company, helping us advance our colleagues, our company, and our culture.
Those who succeed in this role usually have:
- At least 2+ years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- A passion for technology, sharing knowledge and enabling others
- A commitment to security and exceptional quality resulting in reliable and safe software
- Proficiency with either OOP or functional programming paradigms
- Experience with at least one major web application framework
- Experience in event-driven architecture with publish/subscribe and event stream models
- Experience with and understanding of relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with REST and GraphQL APIs
- $ git commit (often)
- A tool belt equipped with automation, build, and performance tools…
- Experience with containerization and great development habits
You will make us extra excited with:
- Exceptional dedication to the community through your commitment to open-source or other visible initiatives.
- Experience in designing and implementing robust authentication and authorization strategies.
- Experience in building performant backends serving high-traffic global services.
- Experience with Firebase or other serverless services.
What are we offering?
_financial aspect 💸
- Transparent salary range depending on your experience and responsibilities
- Annual salary progression
- Highest payouts within meal and transportation compensation, maximum annual holiday allowance payout (i.e., regres), and Christmas bonus
- Payday on the 25th of the month for the current month
- Full-time indefinite employment with an immersive 6-month trial period
_wellbeing and health 🧘
- A minimum of 25 days of paid annual leave
- Additional monthly payments into your third-pillar pension fund
- 1337 basketball club and other team sport activities
- Office massage sessions
- Guided mindfulness meditation
- Healthy snacks, fruit and fully stocked fridge
- Ergonomic adjustable hydraulic desks, high-quality chairs, adjustable and glare-free screens and other tools with an emphasis on a comfortable work environment
_your upgrade and gear 💻
- Generous knowledge budget to be spent on conferences, additional tools, education, licenses, and gadgets every year
- Monthly 1:1 sessions with a team lead with regular check-ins in between, helping you advance your professional aspirations
- Organized knowledge days 3x a year, every time in a unique location
- Employee-driven competence groups with specific knowledge or topical interests supported with resources from tretton37
- Leadership trainings
- A minimum of 2 extra days of paid leave to use for your personal and professional growth
- A brand new flagship laptop of choice (Macbook Pro, XPS…)
- A brand new flagship phone of choice (iPhone 12, S21…) including a data plan
_your second home and events ☕
- Full access and use of our premises, 24/7
- Creative and relaxed environment: board games, PS5, SNES
- Our own library
- Flexible working hours
- A remote-friendly company with flexible policies in terms of where you can work form
- Unlimited artisan coffee, soft drinks, and craft beers
- Voluntary participation in international trips and team building activities
- Summer and Christmas party for our employees and their families
- Culinary days (Friday Fika, Codelunch, Leetlunch, Intro Dinner, Leet Ladies Lunch)
- Fun after-work activities and events (code nights, movie nights, Eurovision viewing, go-kart races, quiz & trivia nights, board game nights, Magic the gathering tournament)
- Support for open-source projects and community engagement
_challenges and day-to-day 🚀
- Carefully curated projects to challenge you in every way
- Work with large international clients, unicorn startups, and early-stage companies solving meaningful problems
- Impressive colleagues and mentors at every corner
- Scandinavian approach with a flat organizational structure
- Complete transparency on business decisions and participation in monthly meetings with influence on our future growth
- Opportunities to gain international experience in any of our offices abroad