Do you want to make the world a more secure place?
We are 13|37
Created by developers, for developers, 13|37 is a knowledge-driven company on a mission to overcome bad code, one line at a time. Since 2010, we have grown to almost 270 handpicked individuals that love to learn as much as we love to work within a company that embraces a kind and supportive atmosphere.
We have many different ways to assure that we never stop sharing knowledge among ourselves, with our clients and with the community. One of these ways has been to choose to structure our competence mastery and development under a concept named Domains and Competence Groups.
We are now looking for our next brilliant Competence Lead in Web Security, a role that both focuses on helping our clients and working in teams from us, and on developing your colleagues and our clients skill set within your realm. You will have a flexible role where you can work, for example one day a week with the competence group and four days a week at one or several clients' projects.
What will you do?
- You will be in charge of driving 13|37’s security competence development and inspiring others to develop
- You will be guiding, leading, inspiring, mentoring a group of 16 colleagues regarding their competence development within web security.
- You will ideate and advise solutions for various security challenges in various product teams
- You will work side by side and share experiences with other competence leads, and you will be enrolled in different leadership trainings together tailored for the needs of competence leads.
- You will participate in general and specific decisions for advising and advocating the best security solutions
- You will proactively help your colleagues grow and work better through coaching and hands-on knowledge-sharing practices
- You will continuously enhance ways of working regarding people, relationships, processes, and tools
- You will encourage security-related discussions, facilitate workshops, and share knowledge about your topics of expertise in internal and external channels
To succeed in this role, we believe that you have:
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the web security field
- Knowledge of web security technologies, standards, and trends
- Experience in security testing tools (SAST/DAST)
- Knowledge of most common threats and vulnerabilities as well as mitigation strategies
- Penetration testing and measuring the vulnerability rating of software to understand risk
- Working knowledge of threat modeling
- Experience in working with distributed systems and distributed cross-functional teams
- Person-oriented team-leader with a passion for software quality
- Experience from securing cloud applications and infrastructure from one of the major cloud providers (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Experience of coaching and mentoring in security (with focus on devsec) of software professionals
You will make us extra excited if you have experience in:
- Fluency in at least one programming language
- Documented community involvement
- Have work experience as a developer, architect, DevOps, or software tester
- Have work experience as a technical team lead
- Writing white papers on your topics of expertise
What we do
We aid forward thinking organizations in pioneering digital transformation and solving business critical ambitions using modern technology. We cover the entire product and service pipeline, from high performance scalable backends to stunning interfaces for all devices - always with first class quality and satisfied clients and end users in focus.
At the end of the day, what truly matters to us is the impact that we are able to create through technology; either for our clients or the community.
Sounds good? Don’t be a stranger - let us know you are out there and apply today!
For contact or questions: firstname.lastname@example.org